Software Developer (Ruby)
Life at Samsung Ads
We are proud to build a world class organization that thrives on: Collaborating closely, problem-solving, breaking new ground and adapting quickly to a rapidly evolving industry. We are looking for a 12 month contract Software Developer (Ruby)!
We offer a hybrid work environment made easy for you with practical perks, commuting and lunch benefits.
- A competitive compensation package, including a performance based incentive plan
- A very generous and broad ranged personal & healthcare spending program
- 100% company-paid comprehensive health & dental coverage; you can choose the option(s) that best suits YOU
- Minimum 21 days of paid time off and so much more!
- Access to free learning and development opportunities
- Amazing discounts, tons of social activities and various other extras!
- Onboarding framework which ensures you’re set up for success from Day 1
- Giving back program which includes donation matching & volunteering including a paid volunteer day
If you wish to know more about Samsung Ads, please visit our website.
About this role:
We handle ~1,000,000 requests per second and over one billion per day across multiple data centers. We have a maximum of 100ms to parse an ad bid request, query our databases to find the most appropriate ad for that end-user, decide on our bid price, and respond. We manage an inventory of ~10,000 active ads for ~250 concurrent campaigns driving tens of millions of dollars in monthly revenue; generating ~600,000,000 ad impressions daily. We support ad operators from all around the world in multiple currencies and languages.
Our tech stack includes a Ruby on Rails GraphQL API with PostgreSQL, and a Typescript and React.js UI with Webpack.
- Work with an experienced and passionate agile team within an engineering organization that values a strong technical culture.
- Design, build, and improve core services and API gateways for our demand-side platform (DSP).
- Design and develop new services for our next generation platform.
- Ensure service performance, scalability and reliability.
- Ensure high-quality delivery through automated testing and deployment pipelines.
- Enrich our tech community by participating in Guilds and Community of Practice groups.
- Solid experience with backend development with Ruby.
- Experience building/working on Ruby on Rails applications.
- Experience building, testing and maintaining HTTP APIs.
- Strong SQL skills.
- A passion for working as a team coupled with an interest to learn new things.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude; a willingness to take initiative and ask questions.
Quebec Language Clause
This role demands for the individual to work and to collaborate, regularly, with global teams and regions, such as Canada, the United States, India; and therefore, requires that the incumbent is able to also speak/write in English.
Diversity and inclusion
Samsung Ads is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or have any questions during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com